There are various methods that developers can use for interaction with building information models. Integration on API Revit basis provides close linking between program apps.
API is an application programming interface that helps to implement new functionality by creating a certain script or program. The Revit API can be used for direct changing the BIM programming (Building Information Models). Also, it allows performing special operations by getting the data access.
Experienced users admit the benefits of Revit Autodesk while creating custom tools of their own. This API allows to streamline the working process and optimize the tasks on building modeling.
Revit Platform API can be used for automatization of repetitive tasks in Building Information Modelling software.
How Does It Work
Despite some existing limits, Revit API can be useful for solving a wide range of issues. To understand if the tool meets your expectations, it’s required to evaluate its benefits.
Main Features of Revit API
- Getting access to graphical models;
- Getting access to parameter models;
- Creating, editing, and deleting certain elements (walls, floors, columns, etc.);
- Creating add-on modules for automatization of repetitive operations;
- Performing various types of analysis within BIM;
- Creating project documents automatically;
- Integrating apps into vertical products based on Revit.
The latest version of Revit API includes features that were not available in the previous releases.
- Interactive apps (pick&place);
- Design automatization on a wider scale;
- Batch automatization.
Presently, the Revit API can cope with tasks concerned the functional optimization. Those developers who choose the Revit API, can overtake their competitors. It’s a smart solution that is created in accordance to all computer solutions of the 21st century.